Like many other travellers, I rely a lot on online information. Usually, these are my main source:
1. Tripadvisor- For reviews on places to stay, activities to do/ skip, getting in/ out of the city, weather overview, do’s and dont’s, forum, and etc. http://www.tripadvisor.com
2. Booking.com- For place to stay, and to make room booking. What I like about booking.com is there are many accomodation options that allows user to book and make cancellation for free. I love the search filter and map feature. http://www.booking.com
3. Wikitravel.org – For information about the destination, getting in/out/around, weather overview, what to do, and places to stay. http://www.wikitravel.org
4. Wikipedia.org – For anything pertaining to the destination. the history, culture, political stability, climate,and etc. http://www.wikipedia.org
5. Weather.com- For weather forecast, sunset and sunrise time http://www.weather.com
6. Lonelyplanet.com. http://www.lonelyplanet.com
7. BNM (bank negara malaysia) currency converter. http://www.bnm.gov.my
8. xe.com- Currency converter. http://www.xe.com
9. Google maps http://maps.google.com.my/, not only to know the locations, but also for travel directions and their duration.
10. And google search engine, of course… to search for travel blogs and travel journal for reviews.